I have been rather neglecting this blog lately. Sorry about that. My excuse is that I did not want to fall into a pattern of simply narrating the days as they pass. Now that some time has elapsed, let's recapitulate some points of interest.
We had a Zoran meeting on Monday during which we were force fed an ultra-abridged version of the entire history of Croatia with focus on Dubrovnik. There was talk of Croats, Austria-Hungary, people being stuffed on pikes, Yugoslavia, Turkish mafia, etc, etc. One detail which I found interesting is that part of what is now Old Town was once separated from the mainland and existed as an island just off the coast. At some point in the past, the dividing water was filled in with land to annex the island and thus the Stradun was born. For those of you who aren't up on your Dubrovnik lingo, the Stradun is the unusually wide street that traverses Old Town. I don't think I've put up any pictures of it. Will do.
Last night was the Dean's List reception to which we were all invited. It was a good time. Free food and drink is always great. Axel was there too, and it was nice talking with him. After the dinner we swung over to an after party at a place whose name escapes me. We left there around two, and now our apartment is being cleaned. Otherwise, I imagine I'd still be sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment